>Click to Complete Your Application-Upload at Bottom of Page<
Now is a great time to join Gateway. Our benefits are continuing to grow and so are our services. Come and join a team that impacts the lives of clients throughout Hampton Roads. This growing company has opportunities for tremendous growth.
The Clinical Director is responsible for all the effective clinical functions of assigned community mental health programs at Gateway Services. Our agency provides a comprehensive range of services for the prevention, intervention, diagnosis, treatment, and clinical supervision of behavioral and mental disorder services.
Sign on Bonus Included!
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Responsible for all clinical aspects of the Mental Health Skill Building and Intensive In Home programs.
- Responsible for developing, planning, and implementing strategies for effective clinical care.
- Must have the ability to think globally, solve problems and have good decision-making skills, including critical thinking skills.
- Ensures that ISPs are fully developed and properly address the behavioral health care needs identified through the assessment and diagnosis
- Provides case oversight and re-evaluation as necessary to ensure that the needs of Gateway’s clients are being met.
- Utilizes standardized assessment and diagnostic tools at minimum to assure a comprehensive assessment occurs resulting in a diagnosis that is relevant to the client.
- Provide referral sources with all relevant information both verbally and in writing that supports the findings of the assessment, diagnosis, and the goals of the service plan.
- Reviews progress during prescribed intervals. Re-refer cases as needed or seeks reauthorization of services to continue, if need be.
- Provide Gateway with all relevant documentation in a timely manner to complete appropriate billing of services.
- Team member oversight hiring, training, coaching, and assigning as needed.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Attends interagency meetings and supervision sessions as necessary.
- Attends and participates in orientation, in-service training, and conferences as scheduled.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills Familiar with assessments tools
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in Community Mental Health along with an intimate knowledge of Virginia DBHDS regulations and HIPPA requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Master’s degree in a behavioral/social science field from an accredited college or university
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation
- LMHP (LPC, LMFT, or LCSW) in Virginia from the appropriate state licensing board
- Current CPR Certification and First Aid Certification
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations
- Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $55,000.00 – $72,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chesapeake, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Driver’s License (Preferred)
- Clinical Social Worker (Preferred)
Work Location: In person