Gateway Services is a growing business in Chesapeake, VA. We are professional, agile and innovative. We are committed to our clients. We serve with integrity and excellence. Join our team that is expanding and growing! There are opportunities for growth and professional development. We are emerging as a regional leader!
Sign on Bonus Included!
OUR WORK ENVIORNMENT INCLUDES
- Modern office setting
- Growth opportunities
- Expanding programs
- Professional Development
The ideal candidate for this position has at least two years of experience working with clients and supervising QMHPs in a mental health agency. Gateway Services has a tiered path for promotion for Clinicians to include progression to a Clinical Director. Starting pay commensurate with experience. Candidates are needed for 23 Hr Mobile Crisis, Substance Abuse PHP, IOP, Mental Health Skill Building, Intensive In Home, and Community Stabilization. There are rotating shifts depending upon program selected.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Provides at least weekly individual clinical support to a pool of Qualified Mental Health Professionals (QMHPs), in addition to monthly group supervision with the Clinical Director.
- Ensures that all services provided, to include case management, development of service plans are clinically sound. The Clinical Support team member will also provide support and approval for progress notes, individual service plans, quarterly reports and discharge reports.
- Provides guidance to the QMHP regarding crisis intervention strategies, engagement strategies and other strategies to strengthen the service delivery process.
- Assists the QMHP with developing and implementing positive behavioral support plans as necessary.
- Assist the QMHP with making referrals to other agencies for services as necessary such as parenting classes, budgeting, substance abuse, etc.
- Attends all required clinical meetings.
- Participates in regular professional development in accordance with discipline and level of skill.
- Actively coordinates case management services, discharge and after care planning, and referral to agencies in the community.
- Conducts a minimum of five assessments per week for any of the identified programs to include, Crisis Intervention, Mental Health Skill Building, and Intensive In-Home. Must be willing to conduct in-person assessments as needed. Submits requests for services authorization to assigned MCO within 24 hours of assessment and ensures the preliminary ISPs are completed.
- Ensures that continued stays for assigned team members are completed timely and submitted to the MCO within 2 weeks of the service authorization expiration.
- Set office hours may be required.
- Attends interagency meetings and supervision sessions as necessary.
- Attends and participates in orientation, in-service training, and conferences as scheduled.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with assessments tools
- Ability and knowledge to develop and implement service plans
- Knowledge of counseling and crisis intervention strategies.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and documentation skill
- Behavior management training and the ability to manage challenging behaviors and implement positive behavior support plans.
- Knowledgeable community-based services and supports.
- Effective delivery and presentation methods and styles.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Must have a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology, Counseling, Social Work, or a related field. Must possess license or be license eligible in the state of Virginia (LPC, LCSW, LMHP, LMFT).
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Behavior management skills
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications
- Must submit to and receive satisfactory results from a criminal background investigation and a registry check by the Department of Social Services
- A valid driver’s license and current copy of DMV driving record
- A copy of the declaration page of automobile insurance is required.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $65,000.00 – $80,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chesapeake, VA: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- BCBA (Preferred)
- Day Shift (Preferred)
- Night Shift (Preferred)
Work Location: In person