Hours Vary (As it relates to client availability)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job
functions described herein. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein,
employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may
be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually
written out in this job description.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
● Provides clinical supervisory oversight to a minimum of six Qualified Mental Health Professionals
QMHP)/ Qualified Mental Health Professional Trainees (QMHP-T) and/or Qualified Paraprofessionals
of Mental Health (QPPMH).
● Provides at least weekly supervision for QPPMHs and QMHP-Ts, and monthly supervision for QMHPs,
in addition to monthly group supervision with the other Clinical supervisors and Clinical Director.
● Ensures that all services provided, to include case management, development of service plans are
clinically sound. The Clinical Supervisor will also provide oversight and approval for progress notes,
individual service plans, quarterly reports and discharge reports.
● Provides guidance to the QMHP regarding crisis intervention strategies, engagement strategies and
other strategies to strengthen the service delivery process.
● Assists the QMHP with developing and implementing positive behavioral support plans as necessary.
● Assist the QMHP with making referrals to other agencies for services as necessary such as parenting
classes, budgeting, substance abuse, etc.
● Attends all required clinical meetings.
● Participates in regular professional development in accordance with discipline and level of skill.
● Actively coordinates case management services, discharge and after care planning, and referral to
agencies in the community
● Conducts performance appraisals and applies the standards of conduct as necessary.
● Conducts assessments for any of the identified programs to include, Crisis Intervention, Mental Health
Skill Building, and Intensive In-Home. Must be willing to conduct in-person assessments as needed.
Submits requests for services authorization to assigned MCO within 24 hours of assessment and
ensures the preliminary ISPs are completed.
● Ensures that assigned team members are maximizing authorized units per client.
● Ensures that continued stays for assigned team members are completed timely and submitted to the
MCO within 2 weeks of the service authorization expiration.
● May work remotely; however, set office hours may be required.
● Attends interagency meetings and supervision sessions as necessary.
● Attends and participates in orientation, in-service training, and conferences as scheduled.
● Performs other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
● Familiar with assessments tools
● Ability and knowledge to develop and implement service plans
● Knowledge of counseling and crisis intervention strategies.
● Effective written and verbal communication skills
● Strong interpersonal, communication, and documentation skill
● Behavior management training and the ability to manage challenging behaviors and implement positive
behavior support plans.
● Knowledgeable of community-based services and supports.
● Effective delivery and presentation methods and styles.
● Strong time management and organization skills.
● Must have a Master’s degree from an accredited college or university in Psychology, Counseling,
Social Work, or a related field. Must possess license or be license eligible in the state of Virginia (LPC,
LCSW, LMHP, LMFT).
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
● CPR and First Aid certified
● Behavior management skills
● Knowledge of psychotropic medications
● Must submit to and receive satisfactory results from a criminal background investigation and a registry
check by the Department of Social Services
● A valid driver’s license and current copy of DMV driving record
● A copy of the declaration page of automobile insurance is required.
A job offer may be initiated but will be contingent upon receiving satisfactory results of the criminal background
and registry check. Employment will not begin until all required documentation for background and registry
checks has been received and submitted