Job Title: Assessor (License-Eligible)
Department: Clinical Services
Employment Type:Independent Contractor
Work Location: Mobile Region V
Pay Grade: Per Assessment
Schedule:Monday-Friday and Weekend Availability Hours Vary (As it relates to client availability)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job
functions described herein. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein,
employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may
be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually
written out in this job description.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Develops and implements positive behavioral support plans as necessary.
- Make referrals to other agencies for services as necessary, such as parenting classes, budgeting, substance abuse, etc.
- Attends all required clinical meetings.
- Participates in regular professional development in accordance with discipline and level of skill.
- Performs initial assessments (to include 30-day Individual Service Plan, Service Request Authorization) to evaluate clients’ needs for appropriate treatment-evaluates eligibility for Mental
- Health Skill Building Services, Intensive In-Home Services, and Community Stabilization services.
- Submits the initial assessment, Service Request Authorization, and 30-day Individual Service Plan to the Clinical Director and assigned Program Director within 24 hours of completion.
- Provides preliminary diagnoses and makes recommendations for appropriate treatment options.
- Responsible for determining eligibility and submitting authorizations to appropriate insurance providers.
- Maintains current license eligibility and/or certification status.
- Adheres to policies, procedures, and ethical standards as established by Gateway Services, LLC, Virginia Department of Behavioral Health & Developmental Services, Department of
- Medical Assistance Services, and Local Human Rights Committee.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Familiar with assessments tools
- Knowledge to develop and implement service plans.
- Knowledge of counseling and crisis intervention strategies.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Strong interpersonal, communication, and documentation skills
- Behavior management training and the ability to manage challenging behaviors and implement positive behavior support plans.
- Knowledgeable of community-based services and supports.
- Effective delivery and presentation methods and styles.
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Must be able to function as a license-eligible Assessor as determined by the state of Virginia regulations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required
- CPR and First Aid certified
- Behavior management skills
- Knowledge of psychotropic medications
- Must submit to and receive satisfactory results from a criminal background investigation and a registry check by the Department of Social Services
- A valid driver’s license and current copy of DMV driving record
- A copy of the declaration page of automobile insurance is required