Pay: $65,000.00 – $85,000.00 per year
Employment Type: Full-time
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
Work Location: (In Person) Chesapeake, VA. Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required) Work Location:
Are you ready to grow with Gateway? Soar in your career at Gateway Services. We have new programs that will help enrich your career path. Are you ready to motivate and guide others in providing quality care to clients in the Hampton Roads area? We are increasing our benefits. New opportunities are already here for you at Gateway.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions described herein. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this job description.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provides at least weekly individual clinical support to a pool of Qualified Mental Health Professionals (QMHPs), in addition to monthly group supervision with the Clinical Director.
- Ensures that all services provided, to include case management, development of service plans are clinically sound. The Clinical Support team member will also provide support and approval for progress notes, individual service plans, and discharge reports.
- Provides guidance to the QMHP regarding crisis intervention strategies, engagement strategies and other strategies to strengthen the service delivery process.
- Supports the QMHP with developing and implementing positive behavioral support plans as necessary.
- Assist the QMHP with making referrals to other agencies for services as necessary such as parenting classes, budgeting, substance abuse, etc.
- Attends all required clinical meetings.
- Participates in regular professional development in accordance with discipline and level of skill.
- Actively coordinates case management services, discharge and after care planning, and referral to agencies in the community.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of psychiatric disorders and substance abuse disorders
- Experience in detox/substance use services
- Knowledge of broad range of treatment modalities
- Skills in diagnostic and statistical techniques
- Knowledge of personality and /or behavior theory
- Skills in recording, interviewing, assessing, decision making, and treatment planning
- Knowledge of psychotropic and medication assisted treatment medications, indications, and contraindications
- Knowledge and skill in laboratory testing
- Exhibits supervisory skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in Community Mental Health along with an intimate knowledge of Virginia DBHDS regulations and HIPPA requirements
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software
- Current CPR Certification and First Aid Certification Must be alert at all times; pay close attention to details
This job description in no way implies that these are the only duties and responsibilities to be performed. You will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties and responsibilities upon the request of a supervisor. This job description is subject to revision at the discretion of Gateway Services.