Weekend Availability varies according to business needs
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform the essential job functions satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the primary job functions described herein. Since every duty associated with this position may not be described herein, employees may be required to perform duties not specifically spelled out in the job description, but which may be reasonably considered to be incidental in the performing of their duties just as though they were actually written out in this job description.
General Summary of Responsibilities:
The Intensive In Home Program Manager is responsible for Intensive In Home Services provided by Gateway Services as directed by the Program Director and the Vice President of Programs. This position is responsible for ensuring quality care to the clients while adhering to the federal and state licensing statutes. This position ensures that each client in the agency will receive quality services care in accordance with industry best practices.
- As directed by your supervisors, you are responsible for overseeing and developing the Intensive In Home program including hiring, employee supervision, evaluation, and scheduling. Also, you are expected to develop, plan, and implement strategies for program continuation and growth. Must have the ability to think comprehensively, solve problems and have good decision-making skills, including critical thinking skills.
- As directed by your supervisors, you are expected to coordinate a multidisciplinary team to include administrative staff, community coordinators, QMHPs, LPCs, LCSWs, MFTs, and other behavioral health professionals.
- As directed by your supervisors, you are responsible for ensuring Gateway’s Intensive In Home program operates in compliance with the latest standards, to include: Virginia’s DBHDS Provider Manual and guidance materials, DMAS, the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF), and applicable insurance agencies.
- You are expected to collaborate with contracted psychiatrist(s) and psychiatric Nurse Practitioners on a regular basis to address behavioral health needs to support the needs of individuals in treatment.
- As directed by your supervisors, you ensure that ISPs are developed that fully address the behavioral health care needs identified through the assessment and diagnosis that results in an improvement in daily functioning for our clients and is evident via measurable outcomes.
- As directed by your supervisors, you provide case oversight and re-evaluation as necessary to ensure that the needs of Gateway’s clients are being met. Utilizes standardized assessment and diagnostic tools at minimum to assure a comprehensive assessment occurs resulting in a diagnosis that is relevant to the client.
- Make responsible referral decisions based on diagnosis, the needs, and strengths of the client.
- Provide referral sources with all relevant information both verbally and in writing that supports the findings of the assessment, diagnosis, and the goals of the service plan. 2147 Old Greenbrier Road Chesapeake, Virginia 23320 www.gatewayworks.com Page 2 – Program Manager Job Description
- Reviews progress during prescribed intervals. Re-refer cases as needed or seeks reauthorization of services to continue if need be.
- Provide Gateway with all relevant documentation in a timely manner to complete appropriate billing of services.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as requested.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the principles, procedures, and best practices in Community Mental Health along with an intimate knowledge of Virginia DBHDS regulations and HIPPA requirements.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and related software.
- Coursework and professional experience that indicates knowledge of mental health counseling, group and individual psychotherapy, diagnosis and treatment of mental disorders, psychological assessment techniques, crisis intervention, and mental health consultation
- Current CPR Certification and First Aid Certification
- Must be able to apply principles of critical thinking to a variety of practical and emergent situations and accurately follow standardized procedures that may call for deviations
- Must be able to apply sound judgment beyond a specific set of instructions and apply knowledge to different factual situations
- Must be always alert; pay close attention to details
- Must be able to work under stress on a regular or continuous basis
Education, Licensure, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a human service field from an accredited institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education.
- QMHP-C registered with the Virginia Board of Counseling.
- Experience with Intensive In Home operations.